Sunday, July 30, 2006

Dad is Old



I got to Concord Dad, Mom, Anna, Aunt Bibus, and Uncle Ben were just finishing eating dinner. Anna fixed me a plate of spaghetti(she makes pretty good sauce) and we all sat around chatted while I ate. We talked about all kinds of stuff, and as usual, it eventually went to talk about church, or church related things. We talked about how the church is always against certain things like living together before marriage, and how some churches will blatantly tell you not to do such things or you aren't welcome.

This is where I have a growing problem with churches(where I grew up, and still attend on a fairly regular basis.) I understand that they have to take a stand against some 'sins,' I just wish they wouldn't act like there are some that are sooooooo much worse than others. And then act like they are better than you and don't welcome and love you like they should. That pisses me right off.

Anyway, the birthday was good. I got dad a remote control for his television because his isn't working right and he yells at it all of the time. He's 53, which I guess isn't that old. Considering he should have died eight years ago after his big assed heart attack, he's a big fan of every day.

Oh, one other thing, I was sitting on the floor leaning against the wall in Anna's living room whilst Dad was opening presents and put a hold in the wall. It's an old house with old wallboard in leiu of drywall. I didn't realize that. Luckily Anna's got a good sense of humor about that stuff. Oops.

No comments: