Saturday, July 15, 2006

I Hope the Search is Over




After lunch, Mom, Dad, Lee, Andrea, and my Aunt Nancy sat around and talked about baby stuff. I decided to get the eff out of there and go look at a couple of houses. I left the house and passed O'Neil's. It's a bar that's been in Mint Hill since I was a kid. I'd always thought about going in, but I never got around to it. I noticed my pal Don's car was in the parking lot. He's a guy I used to work with and he told me earlier in the week that he'd be bartending today, so I dropped in for a Miller High Life. Actually a very nice bar with not one, but TWO High Definition tv's which made for excellent race viewing.

I left there and drove to Matthews where I acquired my second cup of Dilworth Coffee of the day. It was wonderful. I continued onto a house around the corner on John St. I noticed a listing on the internet for this house, but I'd never seen a for sale sign out front. The house whips ass. It's old, big, hardwood floors. Pretty much exactly what I want, and it's really cheap, too. I hope it's not a misprint on the listing or anything. It will need a good bit of work on the outside. I haven't seen the inside yet, I hope to on Monday or Tuesday. It may need a good bit of work, too. Stay tuned.

I rolled back to the house where we all had a big dinner then gave Lee and Andrea tons of stuff for their baby, who's already been named Joshua Lee Hauser.

I'm staving off calls to head out to a bachelor party. I'll let everyone know if I get dragged out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»