Thursday, July 20, 2006

A Yacht, A Motorcycle, and an Eager Young Man



Big news out of Cleveland County today(it broke whilst at Bridge's.) Chris Craft and Indian Motorcycles are both building big plants in Kings Mountain bringing damn near 800 jobs between the two companies to an area that desparately needs the jobs. http://www.shelbystar.com/story.php?ID=3094

I'm happy for Cleveland County. Lots of good folks there, including Robert Owens who is aspiring to be a news photographer one day. He's almost got his GED and then he's on his way he hopes to college. Robert whips ass. He even wears his 6NEWS StormChaser badge around his neck. I wish I was excited about my job as Robert. Give him a wave if you're in King's Mountain. He'll be on his yellow bicycle with an AM radio strapped to the handlebars.

I got mad in King's Mountain today. Just stupid work stuff, but I rarely get mad, unless it's due to carelessness courtesy of sincerely stupid people. Plus a storm was rolling in and lighting doesn't treat 42 feet long metal masts very nicely. I even slammed the door to my truck. I got over it in about 25 seconds. Tomorrow should be better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hell, ever since you hit that gas pump protector, you pretty much HAVE to slam that door or it's just not going to close... EFFIN BUTLER!

Anonymous said...

Your pal obviously has great taste in radio! Does he leave it in the 1100 frequency range?

And really, Butler - you should try an control your rage better...