Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Nelly Knows What He's Talking About


I hate my job three months out of the year simply due to the heat. I've got ways to deal with it. Well, one way. I drink a shit ton of water. Five or six litres a day at the very least. On days as hot as today and tomorrow, I throw at least one Gatorade per day.

Whenver I whine about stuff, I always try to think of someone that's got it much worse than I. Then I feel like an ass for whining about stuff. So, when Mercer did this story about firefighters in the heat, I really felt like an ass. It's 97 degrees outside, and these dudes roll out in full gear to save our whiny asses.

So when you walk outside and go, "Waaahhhhh, it's HOT!!!," think of our firefighters.
http://www.news14charlotte.com/content/local_news/?AC=&ArID=123703&SecID=2

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with JB this blog definitely does not suck. (yet)

It's helped get me through my queen city withdrawal...

Anonymous said...

Adam, this is FASCINATING to read. I'm sorry your Mom is disappointed in you, but I am more impressed with you now than ever since I first met you at age 2. Hope to see you soon . . . I'll try to talk myself into Gin Milling it. And I tried my first Miller High Life this weekend by a lake in Georgia. It was better than I expected. (Oh, I seem to think this is MY blog. Sorry.)

Kenneth said...

I enjoyed reading this shit. Miller High Life is the best freaking beer made in America. You have a future in the blogosphere. I will link you to my site as soon as I get a chance.