Thursday, July 20, 2006

Hush, Puppy!


Growing up, my grandfather used to make hushpuppies at their farm house in Hog Hill(Lincoln Co.) He'd take the cornmeal, drop it in hot grease and, as a child it was the greatest thing I ever tasted. He told me he invented them and they were called hushpuppies because he'd be cooking them and his dogs were whining, so he'd give them one and they would hush. I love Paw Paw.

Today I was supposed to go to Kings Mountain in Cleveland County. I have a rule when I go to Cleveland County, I must go to Bridges and eat barbecue. It's just something I have to do. It's good eating. Today I was approached by a lady in there who told me that despite bad reputations, most nursing homes are really nice and run by good people and we should do a story on it. I love my job.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

leave my wife alone.

If you dont the order is in the mail