Saturday, July 15, 2006

Today Has Not Sucked


I spent the previous two Saturdays in bed and doing absoutely nothing until 3:00 in the afternoon, and it was terrific. Today, unfortunately, I was roused from sleeping around 8:30. Getting up early sucks no matter the day, but Friday evening was worth getting up early today.

I decided to take advantage of this and go camera shopping. I left South Charlotte shortly before nine, headed to Matthews to get a steaming hot cup of Dilworth Coffee. It was glorious. It's also a summer Saturday and the Matthews Farmers Market was open. I took a walk down there and took at look at the organic produce, which looked great. It would have been even better if I enjoyed eating vegetables.

I walked back to the truck, drove to Circuit City and they didn't open until ten. After a brief yet profane outburst I continued to Mint Hill where I drove by a house for sale. It didn't do a lot for me. I then went home, changed clothes and headed to the YMCA. I got buff and shit and noticed there were no less than 600 kids at the pool on my way out.

I returned to Circuit City, walked in and my new digital camera was staring me at the face. After about thirty seconds of deep thought I bought a sweet ass Sony that was the display model. It's a little bruised and battered, but at the price I got it, I'd have been an asshole not to buy it.

I returned to the folks and my cousin Lee and his very pregnant wife are in town visiting. We ate a big assed lunch. After that, my dad passed out on the deck(see pic.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interestedhttp://indexmachine.info/2942.html or http://googleindex.info/2416.html and http://googleindex.info/2802.html