Monday, July 24, 2006

Hell Fire!!!!!!



So the lady and I decided to go to church on Sunday. Not because we wanted to get righteous, but because my old pal Chris Justice over at WCNC happens to be the senior pastor at Lee Park Baptist Church in Monroe. This also happens to be the church my Dad and his family grew up in. So, we rolled over Sunday morning and were greeted lovingly by my Aunt Bibus(who's name is Elizabeth, but I couldn't pronounce that when I was little,) Aunt Agnes, cousin's Scott and Wayne, and second cousin Haley. Now, having grown up in church, a portion of that in the baptist church, I knew exactly what to expect. We were treated to only one classic southern baptist moment, and it came from the choir director who stopped in the middle of a hymn to give a little sermon. It went something like this.

"Our public schools are teaching children that they are good people at their core. Well, that's a lie straight from the pits of hell."

After a quick chuckle, we moved along and Chris gave his sermon. He's indeed a talented speaker as I expected.

No comments: