Sunday, July 16, 2006

I Don't Enjoy Looking at Boobies


I wasn't able to fend off requests to make it out to the bachelor party. I rolled to the Gin Mill to start the evening off with a pint. It didn't suck. I then went two blocks northeast to a little place known as The Uptown Cabaret. I met the crew of nine out front as they were leaving and we pressed westward to The Paper Doll Lounge.

Some of you know this, most of you don't. I used to have a "problem" with strip clubs. I was 21, young, and stupid. I would meet my pal Jay every Friday night at 10:00 at the PDL. At midnight, I'd leave to go to work and See my good friend Brad on the way out as he was getting off of work. We'd give each other a high five and continue along with our evenings. So, you can imagine that the folks there get to know you. The bouncers, managers, bartenders, even a select dancer or three. Before last night, I hadn't been to the PDL in over a year. They didn't recognize me at first, but after a couple of minutes they remembered. It was good to see old friends. Phillip the bacholor had a freakin' blast, and so did we. They got him up on stage, marked him up with a Sharpie, whipped his ass with his own belt. It was good fun. And it was a true bachelor party, too. Phillip was the only one of us getting dances. The rest of us literally just hung out and drank beer. Just like any other bar, but with boobies around.

I'll post some pics later tonight. And no, they wouldn't let me take any pictures of the Bachelor Party, so nudity will not make it's debut on This Blog May or May Not Suck this weekend.

I'm off to Brunswick County with Kate to cover a memorial service for Scott Gardner, the teacher from Gastonia that was killed by a drunk driver a year ago. His family has been very good to us and Kate's a good writer, so chances are it will be a very, very good story. Look for it either at five or six. I'll have plenty of pictures by then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

Only an asshole would go to the PDL and not get a lap dance.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the PDL...good times...noodle saddle